Saturday, June 4, 2011

this is real.

Since November, this blog has been set up, ready for accountability and encouragement. Now it's here. We either have, or are EAGERLY waiting for our contest materials:) and the study is on!
Now is when the rubber hits the road, my friends! Now is when it matters WHY you are doing the Bible Bee. What is this really about for you?
Sometimes it is easy to get in the mode, and forget why we do what we do. Sometimes we get so caught up in the "Bee", we lose sight of the God of the Bible.
I encourage you, my friends, LOVE THE WORD! Don't let this summer just be about memorizing your verses for the day, and studying the Sword Study.  Make it a priority NOW, and set your focus on things above. The goal of this program is to develop in you a love and hunger for the Word of God, a desire you can never shake! Remember the motto from 2009? "Changing lives...one Bible verse at a time."
That is what this is all about! Don't let the studying just become a duty, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that you would glorify God through it all! SHARE what you are learning with your friends and family. Discipline yourself to study the WORDS OF GOD, and you will never be sorry you did:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited to start memorizing more! I've already done a few verses, but it's a little hard because I haven't gotten my box yet. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder to keep your focus on the Lord!
    I pray that this summer will be a profitable time of studying the Word of God and getting to know our dear Savior even better!

    ReplyDelete