Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Resting in the arms of the all-able God

Isn't that a great thought - I am resting the arms of the all-able God. I don't know about you, but that thought sends shivers down my spine and gives me a peace, a indescribable peace. To think that although the circumstances of life aren't going well, although everything looks like it will fall apart, although I might be hurt and confused, God is able to to work in and through the bad and the good alike.

When we come to Him with our requests, we need to come to Him with the spirit that Jeremiah came to Him with in Jeremiah 32:17, where it says, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR YOU." Come to Him, focused on His goodness, power, and strength. I think that a lot of times we can ask God to work in a situation, but we don't truly have faith that He really can work. When I get my focus on how great our God is, how able and strong He is, how powerful and in control He is, God gives me a peace, a stillness, which springs from a faith that believes that God is able. Like it says in Psalms 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God." I need to simply rest in His all-able, all-powerful hands and be still.

I am reminded about the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in Daniel. They were faced with a extremely difficult trial. I mean, it doesn't get much harder then to be about to be thrown into a fiery furnace! And yet look at how they answered King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 3:17-18, "If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from you hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." You see, we need to believe that God is able to answer our prayers, but we need to realize that God doesn't have to answer our requests in the ways that we want. But, NO MATTER WHAT, we need do what we know He wants us to do and leave the results up to Him. I don't know anyone else better or more capable to handle a situation, can you? When we surrender a problem to the Lord with full faith in His capability, we can find true rest and peace in His arms.

2 comments:

  1. Your trust in Christ through this situation is beautiful, Hannah! Really, I am so blessed by your focused life. I'm still praying for you! Thanks for this post--it's something I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Hannah! Even better than the post is the heart of the girl who wrote it--keep trusting in Him! This post reminds me a lot of the hymn "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms." Not only can we trust in God to keep us safe in His arms, but when we rest in Him, that is also where we find fellowship with Him and joy!

    ReplyDelete