Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life in abundance!

Jesus gives such a joy and purpose to life, doesn't He?! We have so many reasons to rejoice! I read through Romans 8 this morning because I was needing some encouragement, and I knew that if I read there I would be refreshed and reminded! Well, here's what I read today that is making me rejoice:)
"There is therefore NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ Jesus!" As believers, we have a life of ultimate freedom in Christ ahead of us!

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, GOD DID!" Do you ever get discouraged with how sinful you are? Look at Christ! What the law could not do, God did! We have been saved and called with a Holy Calling, not according to our works, but according to Christ's righteousness! We have been saved!

"But if the Spirit of Him Who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He Who raised Christ from the dead will also give you LIFE!" We, as born-again believers, have been given the very Spirit of God that raised Christ from the dead! We have been freely given life!

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God!" Jesus said, "I no longer call you servants, for a servant does not know what His master is doing. But now I call you friends!" We are the sons and daughters of the KING OF KINGS!

"And if children, then heirs-heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." One day Christ will come back, every knee shall bow to Him, and we will share in His glory forever! We will be in His presence for all eternity!

I have run out of time to write, but I hope this is an encouragement to you! There are 39 verses in this chapter, and I've only covered the first seventeen. I'd encourage you to go read it for yourself! You will be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post, Emily! I've always loved Romans 8 too! It's such a beautiful picture of the life and joy that come from Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em!

    ReplyDelete