Thursday, January 20, 2011

Psalm 9:1-2

"I will praise you O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

Several things strike me about these verses:
1. "With my whole heart" - wow! Our hearts are so desperately wicked, we don't even know the depths of our own sin. And yet, God sees our desires, He sees Jesus' righteousness credited to our account. My desire is that my whole heart praises God, but there is so often a   rebellious part of it that wants my own way. May we beg God every day to purify our hearts!
2. "I will" - sometimes you have to make yourself do it:) "I will praise You" - even when I'm discouraged. "I will praise tell of Your marvelous works" - even when I don't understand what You're doing. "I will be glad and rejoice in You"- even when the world's pleasures are tempting. "I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High" - because no matter what I'm facing YOU ARE THE SAME, YOU ARE WORTHY TO BE PRAISED!

No comments:

Post a Comment