Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From Psalm 34

"I will bless the Lord at all times! His praise shall continually be in my mouth! My soul shall make it's boast in THE LORD! The humble shall hear of it, and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together! I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered be from all my fears! They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed! This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them! Oh, taste, and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who trusts in HIM!" - Psalm 34:1-8

Wow. There is so much packed into this passage! "I will bless the Lord at all times." That means even when I'm tired of doing school, when I'm sick, when I don't understand what God is doing, and when I fail. I should always be blessing the Lord! His praise should continually be in my mouth! My life should be a constant act of worship. Now, this doesn't mean we never stop talking and singing, and that we can never be quiet. God tells us to "Be still, and know that He is God." It's good to be quiet. I think this "blessing the Lord" is an attitude as well. An attitude that doesn't change when the situation changes, but is constant, because God is constant, and always deserves our praise!

Look at the next section... "My soul shall make it's boast in the Lord! The humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!"
It's all about God! This whole passage rings out this marvelous truth! Life is about Christ! Our soul's boast should be in the Lord! The psalmist says, "Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt HIS name together!"

These next few verses are some of my favorites..."I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears! They looked to Him, and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed! This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them!" There are many times when I do not seek the Lord like I should, but when I realize my sin, and come back to actively seeking Him, this is a passage I cling to. When we seek God, HE ANSWERS US! I love how verse five then says what happens when we look to Christ, and are seeking Him... "and they were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed!" If that doesn't fill you with joy, and give you a reason to bless the Lord, I don't know what else will! Dwell on this truth! Think about the fact that GOD ALWAYS ANSWERS, and let it put you in wonder of Him! Verse six confirms again what was just said. "This poor man cried out, and The Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles!" Then, in verse eight, is where this deliverance is spread past just one person, to "all those who fear HIM." This wondrous gift is for everyone who fears the Lord! Isn't our God gracious to forgive us, and give us strength over and over?! I'd challenge you today... Taste, and see that the Lord is good!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! What a blessing and a cause for praising our God these verses are.

    ReplyDelete