Monday, July 25, 2011

I Hide Your Word Within My Heart

I hide Your Word within my heart
To keep me safe from sin;
For where Your truth is in control
No lie can enter in.

I shine Your Word upon my path
And walk within its light;
For where Your wisdom shines, O Lord,
It drives away the night.

I trust Your Word with all my heart
And give You thanks and praise;
For all the beauty of Your truth
That stands from age to age.

Text by: Claire Cloninger

This song seems to capture the truth of why we are hiding God's Word in our heart for the first place.
The reason we memorize Scripture is not to win an award or to go to nationals (though all those are great if they happen).  Rather, it is to hide God's Word in our hearts that we may know God better and that we may worship Him for is great and awesome deeds.
This is the reason we memorize!

In Christ's Love,
Marie

P.S.  If any of you get a chance, the music to this song is very simple to sing and could easily be used for your Bible Bee summer get togethers or for your local contests.  This song is in "The Celebration Hymnal" #411.

No comments:

Post a Comment