Monday, August 1, 2011

Rejoice!

1 Samuel 2:1–And Hannah prayed and said:"My heart rejoices in the LORD; My horn is exalted in the LORD. I smile at my enemies, Because I rejoice in Your salvation.

Psalm 16:11–You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Psalm 35:9–And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; It shall rejoice in His salvation.

Habakuk 3:18--I will rejoice in the Lord; I will joy in the God of my salvation.


Philippians 4:4–Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, Rejoice!

Have you ever been reviewing a verse, and suddenly started smiling and laughing, rejoicing in the message of the verse? Some verses seem to demand that you stop for a moment and praise God. Psalm 139–You know my thought afar off..there is not a word on my tongue but, behold, O LORD, You know it altogether...Where can I go from You spirit, or where can I flee from your presence? Philippians 2–Christ humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. How can you read that without rejoicing? Our God is amazing!! And, in His perfect holiness and justice, He took our punishment and saved us from the death that we deserve. He knows our every thought, and yet He still saved us! What could give us greater joy than that? God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).

My soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Abigail! I'm amazed! This exact topic has been on my mind a lot this week. Then this Sunday, my dad preached about this very topic. I was amazed when he started preaching on that...because I had been thinking about it before that...and now, here you are, posting about it! We evened talked about some of these verses on Sunday too!

    Thanks so much for sharing, Abigail!

    P.S. I even did a short post about this on my blog, before my dad and you shared about this topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bethany! I'm glad you liked it! That's neat your dad was just preaching on it! Actually, when I was writing it, I was actually thinking about the title of your blog--rejoice evermore=)

    ReplyDelete