Monday, August 22, 2011

Press On

As we are finishing our work in our sword study on the book of 1 Peter I would like to encourage all of you to stay strong, finish the course, and stand fast through trials.  Our goal in this life is to "Live Victoriously Through Our Trials".  We will face trials but through God's grace if we submit to His will He will use our trials to build our character that we will be more like Christ.  This is my prayer for all of you.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." ~ Romans 8:28 ~

To God alone be the Glory as we prepare for the Local Contest for the National Bible Bee.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These trials are to refine you,
To purge away all dross,
That through it all you'll radiate
The light of Christ, humility,
God's mercy on that wondrous cross.
 by Marie Morris                     
                              

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Marie! I went through a major trail (in my opinion) this summer. My awesome doggie died that I have had for the past 3 years. I believe that God let her die this summer while I was studying 1 Peter to test me in how I react to trials. Well, since 1 Peter was fresh on my mind, even though I was SOOOOO sad, I gave glory to God. I thanked God for all the great times He gave me with her. So, I feel that through this study of 1 Peter, I have grown so much. Even though I so desire to go to Nationals since I never have before, I know that the true prize is growing into a better relationship with my Lord and Savior and meditating on His Word DAY and NIGHT...which I have been...I go to sleep saying verses, and automatically wake up saying them too. Its amazing. So, Bible Bee this year was a success...whether I make it to Nationals or not. Soli Deo Gloria! :)

    ReplyDelete