Sunday, August 28, 2011

After Locals...

Congratulations EVERYONE!
No matter how Saturday went for you, if you did your best, you are a winner! I know you've heard that many times are starting to think of it as cliche, but it's true. 
If you are really doing this for the Lord, then the outcome is in His hands. As you breathlessly await the results to be posted on Wednesday, trust Him.
Maybe Saturday was a disappointing day for you, and you don't feel like you were able to represent what you really know. Trust Him.
Maybe you shone on Saturday, and you have already set your mind toward Nationals. Hold on a minute!  Revel in the Lord and what He has given you in His word. Trust Him!
Maybe you are more nervous now than before Locals, and you can hardly focus on anything without thinking about how you did. Trust Him!
God's way is perfect! His Word never returns void!  
Don't be so focused on the Bee that you forget the Bible!  
Enjoy God these next couple days, just spend time with Him, away from the memory cards and the Sword Study, tell Him you love Him. 
And here's a thought: Await His appearing with the same anticipation with which you await the posting of the scores. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Sophie!! I needed that encouragement; not that I think I lost anything by spending my summer studying, but that I need to trust God. Your thought about awaiting His coming with the same anticipation I await the scores was rather convicting=) Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Soph! Thanks for that encouragement:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, this is Anna: Oh, Sophie, you and the whole accountability forum/Bible Bee family are so encouraging to me. Just now I was reading your post, and the words all just flew out at me. That was exactly what I needed to hear!

    I placed 122 in the Junior Nationals, and recently I have been getting pretty discouraged because of that (especially since this is my last Junior year). I had really struggled with pride during the summer, and I definitely had victory on the day of the Bee. I actually asked the Lord to allow me not to go to nationals so that my pride would receive its fall. He answered my prayer! Now I have almost a whole year to focus on deepening my relationship with him and overcoming the thought of having any perfection in the life that God has given me.

    ReplyDelete