Friday, April 22, 2011

He Died

He died. He really died. The nerves in his feet were torn. His body was unimaginably abused. Not only do we have silence, we have a reality. This man changes reality. He has CHANGED our reality. One gaze into his death changes an onlooker's countenance, a bystander's thoughts. This man can change the least loved and the most hurting that have never heard this before. His death never ceases to change people forever.



Isaiah 65:1-2 says, “I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’ All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations.”



Wow. The words blow me away. My heart aches on top of that. This really puts me in the dust. Not only are those who have no knowledge of God sought ought by Him, but I too am guilty of not offering every moment to seeking Him. What of my imagination? I have pursued it and it has led me away from reality.



The only true home and place of belonging is where God is. It’s a moveable home with joy and purpose. It's a home with a hero who has experienced death before, who has already saved his children from a death they could have had. Our God can move people to action. Only Jesus has died a death that God reveals as the one death on the face of this earth to have the POWER to make one clean. A death can make a person CLEAN?! This is truly profound.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This post sends shivers down my back! What a loving God we serve! Words can't describe it!
    Thanks for sharing, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ashley! That last paragraph you wrote is especially amazing--Jesus' death has made us clean. And I really like your point about our only true home being wherever God is!

    ReplyDelete